George Town Festival is Penang’s annual festival of arts, culture and heritage. This month-long festival is a feast of music, dance, film, arts, foods and visual spectacle.
The organisers of George Town Festival admire the spirit of independent creative retailers in Singapore so much they have included a group of Singaporean designers and retailers in their line-up.
Singapore House will create a pop-up retail space that will host Books Actually, The Gentleman’s Press, Monster Gallery, Sarah and Schooling, the film installation With-In-Sight, 14 artists from LASALLE College of the Arts, as well as a quarterly artisan showcase, Keepers.
Keepers Goes to George Town will feature:
- Carrie K. Artisan Jewellery – Artisan crafted jewellery with playfully provocative design to challenge traditional notions of what makes something precious and desired
- Edypoi – Small batch manufactured watches that utilise a selection of high quality materials and hand finished details
- Heads of State Millinery – Head turning and sustainable statement hats
- IEX – Creative initiative by Ideas Empire which collaborated with a selection of Singapore designers to reinterpret artifacts from the Asian Civilisations Museum as contemporary tableware, fashion apparel and accessories
- Ling Wu – Leather and python artisan crafted bags that combine tradition with edgy design
- Ong Shunmugam – A contemporary womenswear label that re-evaluates traditional Asian wear
Where. 179 Victoria Street, George Town, Penang, Malaysia
When. Friday June 7 to Sunday July 7 | 12pm – 9pm
For more info refer to the George Town Festival website
Like this post? Subscribe to www.travelshopa.com to get this and more straight into your inbox!